Installation for Gator Xtreme Edge
STEP 1 REMOVING BEDDING MATERIAL
Remove all excess bedding sand / chip stones at the edge of the hardscape project. Gator XTreme Edge will rest on a solid base material. For a Gator Base installation, cut the Gator Base flush with the edge of the hardscape project. Remove the bedding material and excavate an area approximately 4" (10 cm) wide by 1” (25 mm) deep in the native soils along the edge.
STEP 2 MIXING GATOR XTREME EDGE
Mix 1/2 US gallon (1.9 liters) of water with one bag 50 lb (22.7 kg) of Gator XTreme Edge until you obtain a homogeneous mixture.
Conversion of measurement units
1/2 US gallon = 2 quarts = 64 fl.oz = 1.9 liters
STEP 3 TROWEL GATOR XTREME EDGE 30° ANGLE
Create a triangular shaped wedge of Gator XTreme Edge against the side of the pavers, slabs, natural or wet cast stones. With the help of a trowel spread approximately 4" (10 cm) of Gator XTreme Edge mixture at a 30° angle over the base material or native soil in a Gator Base application. Fill any void space created from the removal of the bedding layer material. Ensure that the Gator XTreme Edge covers at least 1" (25 mm) of the vertical side of the paver or 1/2 the height of the hardscaping material being used.
STEP 4 COMPACTION OF THE PAVED SURFACE
Final compaction of the paved surface with polymeric sand should take place while the Gator XTreme Edge is still curing and when applying Nitro sand, a 90 minutes wait will be required.
Gator XTreme Edge is the ultimate fiber-reinforced and polymer modified structural edge, which creates a strong and economical edging solution for any hardscape project. Gator XTreme Edge can be used on any traditional, permeable, Gator Base, or overlay application using concrete pavers and slabs or natural and wet cast stones. Gator XTreme Edge offers permanent continuous lateral support.
- Traditional, open graded and permeable applications
- Overlay and Gator Base applications
- Pedestrian and vehicular use
- Concrete pavers, slabs, Natural and Wet cast stone applications
- High Performance polymers for added strength
- Reinforced with 3D micro-fiber mesh
- Formulated for better workability
- Continuous lateral support matrix
- Freeze and thaw resistant
XTREME EDGE VS CONCRETE MIX
- 2X Stronger
- 2X Faster setting time
- More flexible
- Easier and faster to install
- Store outdoors under a covered area, protected from rain and snow or store indoors in a well-ventilated area at temperatures ranging from -40 to 104°F (-40 to 40°C). Skid of
- Can be double stacked for storage, but not in transport.
- One bag of Gator XTreme Edge
- will be covering approximately 15 li. ft. (4.5 li. m.) of edging.