Smart

Aqua Chem Liquid Chlorine 1 Gallon

  • Sale
  • Regular price $44.99


The Aqua Chem Liquid Chlorine is a liquid shock treatment for your swimming pool. The 10 percent sodium hypochlorite mixes with 90 percent inert ingredients to create an effective cocktail that kills bacteria. Your pool will be restored properly by raising the free chlorine levels needed to eliminate algae and germs too. Get your pool clean and ready for fun with Aqua Chem chlorine. The formula comes in a large plastic bottle with a handle built in so that dispensing the chemicals into your pool is a snap. With the fast-acting ingredients of the swimming pool chlorine, you'll be enjoying your pool in no time. This cleaner is easy to use, pour and store. The container is secured with a locking lid to prevent accidental spills and keep kids safe.

Aqua Chem Liquid Chlorine:
  • Liquid shock product
  • Aqua Chem chlorine for swimming pool chlorination
  • Contains 10% sodium hypochlorite and 90% inert ingredients
  • Easy-pour opening with a tightly sealed lid
  • Conveniently placed handle

Instructions: Check cap tightness before leaving store. Transport in blocked upright position in trunk only. Attention Van and SUV Owners: After tightening cap - Transport in rear storage area of vehicle in a plastic milk crate or cardboard box, blocked to hold upright. It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Follow directions below for swimming pool chlorination. Swimming Pool Water Disinfection: For a new pool or spring start-up, super chlorinate with 52 to 104 fl. oz. of product for each 10,000 gallons of water to yield an available chlorine residual between 0.6 to 1.0 ppm by weight. Stabilized pools should maintain a residual of 1.0 to 1.5 ppm available chlorine. Test the pH, available chlorine residual and alkalinity of water frequently with appropriate test kits. Frequency of water treatment will depend upon temperature and number of swimmers. Every 7 days or as necessary, super chlorinate the pool with 52 to 104 fl. oz. of product for each 10,000 gallons of water to yield 5 to 10 ppm available chlorine by weight. Check the level of available chlorine with a test kit. Do not re-enter pool until chlorine residual is between 1.0 to 3.0 ppm. Re-entry into treatment pools is prohibited above levels of 4 ppm due to risk of bodily harm. At the end of the swimming pool season or when water is to be drained from the pool, chlorine must be allowed to dissipate from the treated pool water before discharge. Do not chlorinate the pool within 24 hours prior to discharge. Note: This product degrades with age. Use a chlorine test kit and increase dosage as necessary to obtain the required level of available chlorine.

Warning: Keep out of reach of children. First Aid Statement: Route of Exposure: Skin Irritation: If on Skin or Clothing: Take off all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediate with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call poison control center or doctor for treatment advice. Eye: If in Eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses if present after first 5 minutes. Then continue rinsing. Call poison control center or doctor for treatment advice. Ingestion: If Swallowed: Call poison control center or doctor immediately. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless instructed to do so by poison control center of doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Inhalation: If Inhaled: Move exposed person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably mouth to mouth if possible. Call a poison control center or doctor for further treatment. Note to Physician: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Note to Consumer: Have product label with you when calling poison control center, doctor or going for treatment. Precautionary Statements: Hazards to humans and domestic animals. Danger: Corrosive, may cause severe skin irritation or chemical burns to broken skin. Causes eye damage. Do not get in eyes, on skin or on clothing. Wear goggles or safety glasses and rubber gloves when handling this product. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, or using tobacco. Avoid breathing vapors. Vacate poorly ventilated areas as soon as possible. Do not return until odors have dissipated. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Storage and Disposal: Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. In case of spill, flood with large quantities of water. Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Offer for recycling, if available. Triple rinse (or equivalent) container promptly after emptying and prior to placement in trash container. Product or rinsate that can't be used should be diluted with water and disposed of via a sanitary sewer system. Do not contaminate food or animal feed by storage, disposal or cleaning of associated equipment. A batch code appears on the shoulder of the bottle. Physical and Chemical Hazards: Strong Oxidizing Agent: Mix only with water according to label directions. Mixing this product with gross filth such as feces, urine, etc., or with ammonia, acids, detergents or other chemicals, may release hazardous gases irritating to eyes, lungs and mucous membranes. Environmental Hazards: This product is toxic to fish and aquatic organisms. Do not discharge effluent containing this product into lakes, streams, ponds, estuaries, oceans or other waters, unless in accordance with the requirements of a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit and the permitting authority has been notified in writing prior to the discharge. Do not discharge effluent containing this product to sewer systems without notifying the local sewage treatment plant authority. For guidance contact your State Water Board or Regional Office of the EPA. Attention customer - for your safety - check cap tightness before leaving store. Transport in upright position in trunk only. Do not transport inside car. Product will damage carpeting, cloth and leather. Chemtrec Emergency: 1-800-424-9300.